Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy Mardi Gras New Orleans! "Fat Tuesday" 2010

Happy Mardi Gras!


Mardi Gras
New Orleans 1965
Me, my Aunt Dell and my Mother.

Mardi Gras
New Orleans 1965
Me.

Mardi Gras
New Orleans 1965
My Uncle Joey, Me and Willey, in Banana leaves

Mardi Gras
New Orleans 1974
Me, standing on the balcony of my apartment.

Mardi Gras
New Orleans 1976
Roberto Tametta, Maria, Lindoya, Me.

Mardi Gras
New Orleans 1976
Me.

I took this photo last time I was in New Orleans.
This is a wall on the side of a grocery store,
with a hand painted advertisement for "Big Shot" soda.

4 comments:

karletto64 said...

Hmmmm, if you had been standing on a box with no axe, I would have guessed that your 1965 costume was a prophetic costume of a Guantanamo Bay prisoner!

Barry said...

you really had some good costumes.

Fidels Eyeglasses said...

In New Orleans.... traditionally the best costumes were/are made "by hand", with things you find, or "just come up with"... not going to a store and buying a costume.

Carnival/Mardi Gras in New Orleans is very different than the annual "Halloween parade" in New York City.

Unknown said...

quality costume love it :) have you seen the book !carnival! by barbara mauldin you costume reminds me of some of the images from round the world :)

a>